Learn the Norwegian language, and experience Norwegian culture and nature. Trips to Svalbard, Lofoten, Preikestolen, and with Hurtigruten.
At Setesdal Folkehøgskule you will experience a lot of famous destinations in Norway.
Some of these are a relatively short drive from the school, but others are some distance away.
Just a few kilometers up the mountain from the school is Brokke, with alpine center, cross-country trails, and opportunities for hiking in the mountains.
We are planning for these trips and excursions:
- The pulpit Preikestolen (https://ut.no/turforslag/1111875/preikestolen)
- Lysefjord (https://www.visitnorway.com/places-to-go/fjord-norway/ryfylke/the-lysefjord-area/?lang=uk)
- Svalbard (Spitsbergen) (https://www.visitsvalbard.com/)
- Lofoten (https://lofoten.info/Visitlofoten)
- Hurtigruta (https://www.hurtigruten.co.uk/destinations/norway/)
- Dog sledding (https://greendog.no/turer/?lang=en)
- Tromsø (https://www.visittromso.no/)
- Alpine activities at Brokke and Hovden (https://visithovden.com/alpinsenteret/)
- Kristiansand (https://en.visitsorlandet.com/kristiansand/)
- Rafting (https://trollaktiv.no/en/home/)
- Mountain hiking (https://en.visitsorlandet.com/setesdal/activities/hiking/)
- Glacier hiking
There is room for a maximum of 16 students in this class.
Teacher: Liv Tanche-Larsen